Sauvage' Grenache Noir 'Vieilles Vignes' 2021
Anne Pichon harvests their Vieilles Vignes Grenache Noir late, giving the wine excellent ripeness and dense concentration. Its powerful black-fruit flavors give way to intricacies of cocoa, sweet chocolate, and licorice. The grenache vielles vignes is harvested late at an optimal ripeness. This cuvee is very concentrated and powerful with notes of black cherry, blackberry, blackcurrant, cocoa, sweet chocolate and licorice.
- Brand:Anne Pichon
- Region:Rhône Valley
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:45ppm total
- Climate:Continental with very hot summer, low rainfalls and dry due to the strong wind called "mistral"
- Harvest Technique:Mechanically harvested
- Soil:clay soils
- Vineyard Size:25 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1982
- Fermentation:Grapes are 100% destemmed, then macerated and fermented in concrete tanks for one month with indigenous yeasts and daily punchdowns.
- Elevage:10 months aging in concrete tank
- Winemaker Name:Veronique Pichon and Jeremy Casado
- Finning & Filtration:No fining, light filtration
- Total Production:6000 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:Anne Pichon is Certified Organic.
- Sustainable Practice:Anne Pichon is Certified Organic.