Bear' Cabernet Franc IGT - 2022
In 2005, Marco Cecchini established a negociant business, buying grapes from carefully selected small-scale local growers and vinifying them in his modern winery. Here, his family releases D'Orsaria wines from the winery at Orsaria, near Premariacco.
- Region:Friuli-Venezia Giulia
- Varietal:Cabernet Franc
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:50 ml/g
- Climate:the summers are warm, the winters are very cold, and it is partly cloudy year round. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 30°F to 84°F and is rarely below 21°F or above 92°F.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:sandy soils
- Vine Age (year planted):2000.0
- Fermentation:Fermentation with maceration in steel tanks for about 15 days. After 4 months in stainless steel tanks to complete the malolactic fermentation, the wine stays for 1 year in small barrels of French and California oak (barrique). Followed by one year in larger Slavonian and French oak (tonneau). The wine is aged in a bottle for a further six months before release.
- Elevage:6-8 months in bottle
- Winemaker Name:Marco Cecchini
- Total Production:600 cases
- Sustainable Practice:No