Boca DOC - 2019
Davide Carlone crafts this richly perfumed wine in small quantities from the diminutive Boca DOC. Primarily estate-grown Nebbiolo with a touch of Vespolina, it ages for at least three years before release, yielding depth and refinement. Dark-fruit aromas give way to herbal and floral notes on the nose. Fresh, yet savory, with tense tannins, it’s a wine that will reveal even further complexity with additional years in the cellar. Perfume is elegant and fine. Shades of dark berries, ripe dark plums, blood orange, dried medicinal herbs. Violets, roses and wilted iris with spicy notes from sweet to deep of cardamom and licorice. Taste is fresh and savory. The mouth is rightly tense with tannins that display the potential for ageing. Excellent finish with aromatic persistence of taste and flavor.
- Brand:Davide Carlone
- Varietal:85% Nebbiolo, 15% Vespolina
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:35 mg/l
- Climate:Guyot Plant density : 4500 vines/hectare. Yield per hectare is 70-80 tons/hectare. Cool climate. South-southwest facing vineyard at 400-460m asl.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:gravelly soils
- Vineyard Size:2.5 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):0.5 hectares in 1970; 2 hectares in 2005.
- Fermentation:The grapes are destemmed and pressed immediately after harvest, then left to macerate for 15 days. Fermentation occurs in stainless-steel tanks with natural autochthonous yeasts and extremely low sulfite dosage.
- Elevage:After 34 months of aging, of which at least 18 month in Slavonian oak barrels, the wine is bottled. Refining in bottle for at least 4 months. Released after at least 3.5 years after the harvest.
- Winemaker Name:Davide Carlone
- Finning & Filtration:No
- Producer Website:https://davidecarlone.com/
- Total Production:250 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:Davide Carlone avoids pesticides, uses green manure, encourages cover crops, and seeks to protect biodiversity in his vineyards.
- Sustainable Practice:Yes