Cabernet Sauvignon - 2021
A collaboration with Sonder winemaker Riley Miller, Anahata’s Cabernet Sauvignon shows the ripeness and purity of a quintessential Columbia Valley bottling. With only a mild oak influence, it’s a wine of dark-fruit concentration and Old World structure. In addition to being WSDA-certified organic, this wine is also delicious! We eschew a ton of new oak, using mostly used French barrique, and try to achieve a style true to the ripeness of quintessential Columbia Valley bottlings, without verging into the dessicated and dried fruit character (and over the top alcohol) that makes the competition less friendly with what's on your dinner table.
- Sub-Region:Columbia Valley
- Varietal:Cabernet Sauvignon
Show More Less Information
- Country:United States
- How much so2 added:20g
- Climate:The high dessert conditions of the Columbia Valley are tempered on the south facing slopes by the strong winds coming through the Columbia Gorge.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:loam soils
- Vineyard Size:101 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1983.0
- Fermentation:Fermentation occurs spontaneously in open top fermenters with pumpovers.
- Elevage:Finished in mostly used (80%) used French barrique for 10 months
- Winemaker Name:Riley Miller
- Finning & Filtration:No
- Producer Website:https://tedwardwines.com
- Total Production:568cs
- Sustainable Certificates:Anahata is Certified Organic and uses sustainable farming principles.
- Sustainable Practice:Yes