Chardonnay Linda Vista Vineyard Napa - 2022
Chardonnay with a crisp finish and haunting minerality, thanks to the harmonious interplay of Meyer lemon's zing with juicy Golden Delicious apples, yellow peaches, musk melon, and honey. The wines from the Linda Vista vineyard are known for their balanced alcohol content, bright acidity, and rich creaminess. This delightful wine is all about the pleasure, and it's made from organic grapes that grow behind the house in Napa. The only thing missing is some oysters or a roast chicken to wash it down with. Flavors are robust, with the usual balance and even more length, from a relatively tiny harvest.
- Sub-Region:Napa County
- Commune/Village:Oak Knoll District
Show More Less Information
- Country:United States
- Climate:The rich, ripe flavor comes from the Napa sun, while the zesty acidity and freshness are preserved by the chilly winds and marine origin clay soils. By leasing the land, converting it to organic farming practices, and tending the vines, the winery was able to gain the confidence necessary to produce a difficult and recognizable variety like Chardonnay, where achieving "balance" requires treading a fine line among so many well-known examples.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:clay soils
- Vine Age (year planted):1989.0
- Fermentation:The grapes are whole-cluster pressed before fermentation and aged in seasoned French oak barrels sur lees (no oak flavor). No barrels are racked, and only a small percentage undergo battonage (lees stirring). To add depth and harmony, 20% of the barrels go through malolactic fermentation.
- Winemaker Name:Steve Matthiasson
- Producer Website:https://matthiasson.com
- Total Production:2,355 cases