Lambrusco di Modena DOC NV
The quintessential red sparkling wine, Nicchia is named after the late 19th century countess of Castiglione whose picture is on the label. This Lambrusco has a touch of sweetness with notes of black plums, cherry and currants. Clocking in at a low 8.5% alcohol, it's a perfect afternoon sipper or aperitif. Pair with Prosciutto, Salami or BBQ. A sparkling, medium-sweet wine with a full, red-ruby color and fruity fragrance. In addition to dessert pairings, the Nicchia Lambrusco is the perfect accompaniment to stews cooked in the "agrodolce" style combining sweet and sour flavors.
- Varietal:Salamino, Marani, Grasparossa
- Color:Sparkling Red
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:85 mg/l
- Climate:the summers are warm and mostly clear and the winters are very cold and partly cloudy. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 32°F to 88°F and is rarely below 25°F or above 95°F.
- Soil:alluvial soils
- Vineyard Size:23 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1990.0
- Fermentation:brief cold maceration / charmat method
- Winemaker Name:Mr Carafoli
- Total Production:4500 cases