Le Cupole - 2021
The second wine of Tenuta di Trinoro, Le Cupole was first produced in 1995. The blend of the four grape varieties Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Petit Verdot, changes every year with the respect to the vintage. Fermented in stainless steel and aged in one to three year-old barriques and cement, Le Cupole is velvety and approachable. This wine hits the palate with exuberance, full of fleshy, bright fruit, extracted tannins, and rich colour.
- Brand:Tenuta di Trinoro
- Varietal:Merlot 56%, Cabernet Franc 26%, Cabernet Sauvignon 11%, Petit Verdot 7%
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:60 mg/l
- Climate:The short winter, which lasted just one January and ended with the copious snowfall in February, made us nervous reappearing during Spring and bringing in a cold draft of air from the east that paralyzed every crop. The plants of the plain had just begun their journey towards the 2021 harvest, at least 15 days earlier than usual due to the high temperatures in March, when the whole peninsula was overwhelmed by a current of cold air from 7th to 9th April. We use 4000 anti-frost candles in the vineyards, creating an unfortunately necessary evocative show. In the following months, the plants are hit by record hot temperatures and without any rain they try to source from the deepest layers of the root system.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:alluvial soils
- Vineyard Size:5 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1996.0
- Fermentation:Fermentation in stainless steel vats for 10-15 days, using indigenous winery yeast. 3 Pumping overs per day to maximize the extraction of color and varietal characters. Natural malolactic in big cask and by the end of December the wine is moved in used French oak.
- Elevage:French oak barrels, and cement tanks
- Winemaker Name:Franchetti Team: Lorenzo Fornaini and Calogero Portannese.
- Finning & Filtration:No
- Total Production:3000 cases
- Sustainable Practice:Yes