Luli Pinot Noir SLH - 2021
Luli represents a partnership formed by Sara Floyd and the Pisoni Family. Sara Floyd is a Master Sommelier with many years of food and wine experience. The Pisoni Family is known for their eponymous vineyard in the Santa Lucia Highlands and for Pisoni Estate and Lucia wines. Deciding they would make a great partnership and noting the shortage of handcrafted wines at reasonable prices, they set out to create a new line of wines for this niche. To achieve this, Floyd and the Pisoni Family focus on purchasing grapes from multiple vineyards in the Santa Lucia Highlands and the greater Monterey County—California coastal regions excellent for growing coolclimate grapes.
- Sub-Region:Monterey County
- Commune/Village:Santa Lucia Highlands
- Varietal:Pinot Noir
Show More Less Information
- Country:United States
- Climate:foggy, cool climate
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:granite soils
- Fermentation:The Luli Pinot Noir was made with classic winemaking techniques: Hand-sorting of the fruit, native yeasts for fermentation and production in small lots.
- Elevage:The wine was aged in ‘neutral’ French oak barrels and was not fined or filtered.
- Winemaker Name:Jeff Pisoni
- Finning & Filtration:No
- Producer Website:https://luliwines.com
- Total Production:7800.0
- Sustainable Practice:Yes