Meursault 1er Cru "Perrieres" - 2019
The village of Meursault in Cote de Beaune, Burgundy, is famed for its unique take on Chardonnay wine. Jean-Michel Gaunoux et Fils create this wine with utmost respect for the terroir, using no chemicals in the vineyard and hand harvesting grapes sourced exclusively from the single vineyard 'Perrieres'. After a gentle pneumatic pressing, the juice is left over night to cold settle before a cool fermentation in steel. Ageing is in french barrique before bottling with a light filtration. Nicely detailed bouquet with plenty of minerality. The palate is well balanced with a spicy lemongrass opening, and very energetic.
- Brand:Domaine Jean-Michel Gaunoux
- Sub-Region:Côte de Beaune
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:Yes
- Climate:The vineyards of the Côte de Beaune benefit from a predominantly oceanic climate with a semi-continental influence, frequent rains all year round, cold winters and hot summers.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:clay soils
- Vineyard Size:0.6 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):early 1980's
- Fermentation:long, cool fermentation in barrel; 15-30% new and the rest are one-year-old
- Elevage:15 - 16 months maturation
- Winemaker Name:Jean-Michel Gaunoux
- Finning & Filtration:No
- Scores:Vinous: 91-93 points