Montefalco Rosso Riserva DOC - 2019
This elegant, Sangiovese-based Rosso comes from the rolling hills surrounding Bevagna. Sagrantino contributes refined tannins and intense fruit, while silky Merlot and structured Cabernet Sauvignon round out the harmonious palate. After three years of aging—including at least 15 months in Slavonian oak—the Riserva is a seamless and sophisticated bottling. Tasting notes. Color: Intense ruby red. Bouquet: intense and enveloping, with soft red fruits (red wildberries). Palate: Harmonious and elegant, round, persistent, refined tannins, lingering note of confiture. Food pairing: red meat, game, aged and medium-aged cheese. Serving temperature: 16° - 18°C
- Brand:Milziade Antano
- Varietal:65% Sangiovese, 15% Merlot, 5% Cabernet Sauvignon, 15% Sagrantino
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:20-30 mg/L
- Climate:The vineyards are characterized by a mild climate, with good and constant ventilation, which protects the vineyards from parasitic diseases. Sunshine is present both in the morning and in the afternoon. The sun exposure guarantees a good ripening of grapes and tannins, granting unmistakable elegance to the wines.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:clay soils
- Vineyard Size:6 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1998.0
- Fermentation:The grapes macerate on the skins for 30 days before fermentation takes place in stainless steel without temperature control. The alcoholic and malolactic fermentations are spontaneous and use only native yeasts.
- Elevage:Ageing: 36 months, of which 15-18 are in large oak casks and 4-6 in the bottle. Our barrels are Slavonian oak, produced in Italy. We do not use French wood. The barrels used are tonneau (550L) and large barrels (2000L).
- Winemaker Name:Giordano Antano
- Finning & Filtration:No
- Producer Website:https://www.fattoriacolleallodole.it
- Total Production:415 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:Milziade Antano Fattoria Colleallodole eschews the use of pesticides and herbicides in the vineyards, and practices organic farming methods. Though the estate is not certified organic, they rely completely on organic fertilizers, primarily manure produced by the cows bred on the estate.
- Sustainable Practice:Yes