Mustela Karmico Barbaresco - 2019
This Barbaresco DOCG is made from Nebbiolo (100%) in the sub-varieties Michet and Lampia. This producer works only in minimal intervention with very low sulfites and without using any additive. Garnet red; intense, elegant, fruity, with tobacco and spicy notes. On the Palate it is armonious, balanced with an important body and a very pleasant, slightly spicy aftertaste.
- Commune/Village:Trezzo Tinella
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:30 mg/l
- Climate:In Barbaresco, the summers are warm, humid, and mostly clear and the winters are very cold, snowy, and partly cloudy. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 32°F to 83°F and is rarely below 25°F or above 89°F.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:calcareous soils
- Vineyard Size:6 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):2000.0
- Fermentation:after destemming and having a soft crushing grapes, fermentation take place with skin contact for about 16 days in oak barrels, followed by malolactic fermentation in wood. Spontaneous natural soft fermentation without temperature controand fermentation take place with skin contact for about 16 days in oak barrels, followed by malolactic fermentation in wood. Spontaneus fermentation without temperature control. Natural vinification.
- Elevage:36 months in used big barrels, followed by bottle-ageing before release for sale.
- Winemaker Name:Giuliano Iuorio
- Producer Website:https://www.vinimustela.com/en/vini/barbaresco-docg-karmico/
- Total Production:400 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:Dry farming, 0 use of chemical substances
- Sustainable Practice:Yes