P.V.D. Toscana IGT - 2019
Cerbaiona’s M.L. Fioretti P.V.D. is an intense Petit Verdot-based blend with red-fruit, Mediterranean spice, and a touch of vanilla. The Petit Verdot’s rich color and texture balances wonderfully with ripe fruit and acidic zing from a generous portion of Ancellotta. Intense notes of red fruit, Mediterranean spice with a touch of vanilla. Soft and pleasant acidity on the palate. The Ancellotta gives the wine its zing and its brilliant fruit notes. The Petit Verdot from Tuscany gives it a smooth texture, rich color.
- Brand:M.L. Fioretti
- Commune/Village:Montenero d'Orcia
- Varietal:58% Petit Verdot, 42% Acellotta
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:65 mg/l
- Climate:Calcareous, marl and rich in skeleton soil. The growing season this year was exceptional, free from the extreme spikes in temperature that has come to define much of our climate in recent years. At the right times, the summer was warm but not too hot and mostly dry. Intermittent rains came at the right times and mould and disease pressure were low throughout the season and easy to manage.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:calcareous soils
- Vineyard Size:8 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1999.0
- Fermentation:Grapes undergo a temperature-controlled maceration and spontaneous fermentation.
- Elevage:12 months, 8 in French oak and 4 in Tava Amphorae.
- Finning & Filtration:No
- Total Production:700.0
- Sustainable Certificates:M.L. Fioretti uses organic and sustainable farming practices.
- Sustainable Practice:Yes