Qualitatswein Trocken - 2022
Riesling takes its classic, crystalline form in this dry bottling. Crisp and bright, it gains character from 50-year-old Riesling vines located just 1,000 meters from the Mosel River near the town of Bernkastel.
- Brand:Sybille Kuntz
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:50 mg/l
- Climate:Side valley of the River Mosel. Former river bed 300,000 years ago. 130 - 200 meter high. about 1 km away from the River Mosel. Western exposure.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:sandy soils
- Vineyard Size:10 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1982-2012
- Fermentation:The grapes undergo two hours of maceration before pressing begins. After pressing, the must is allowed to settle for 24 hours before racking. The must undergoes spontaneous fermention until reaching dryness approximately 4-12 weeks later.
- Elevage:All Riesling wines stay on the lee for at least 5 months until we filter them with a diatomaceous earth filter
- Winemaker Name:Sybille Kuntz
- Finning & Filtration:Yes
- Scores:“Gosh! So chock-full of wild-flower (biodynamic) flavours. Really beautiful. Gorgeous already. Vital and unlike the Mosel Rieslings of old (more potent and drier) but such a well-balanced joy. Intense but not heavy. Great to drink with or without food. But probably not for the very long term. 12,0 %. Drink 2021-2028. 17 points Jancis Robinson 2021
- Producer Website:https://www.sybillekuntz.de
- Total Production:400 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:Sybille Kuntz converted to organic farming in 1990, and is now Demeter Certified Biodynamic. Across the vineyards, no herbicides or artificial fertilizers are used. Instead, a spontaneous cover crop is allowed to thrive between the rows to encourage a natural balance of beneficial plant and animal life.
- Sustainable Practice:Yes