Red Wine 2021
Friend and Farmer and HAND WORK is the dream of three brothers, Francisco, Javier and Luis Parra. The hope was to celebrate their home of La Mancha by raising organically and biodynamically grown grapes. When it comes to the winemaking behind Friend and Farmer, Hand Work and Gulp/Hablo they partnered with the exceptional Juan Antonio Ponce of Bodegas Ponce. The Parra brothers work two vineyards near the town of Las Mesas. One is Entresendas (between paths) sitting in a dried river bed. These rich, alluvial soils are perfect for the cultivation of grapes reflecting light and heat and ensuring drainage. The other vineyard is Olla del Monte is perhaps easily represented by its other name: Cuesta Colorá, the colored slope. This gentle slope is covered in chalky clay and a fine layer of pebbles on the surface that capture and radiate the heat of the sun—a key benefit during the desert nights.
- Brand:Bodegas Parra Jiménez
- Region:Castile-La Mancha
- Varietal:Red Blend
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:87 ppm
- Climate:Long and cold winter, followed by a dry spring and a warm summer. The ripening has taken a long time, more than usual, then we got less production but a better quality due to grape concentrate
- Harvest Technique:Mechanically harvested
- Soil:loam soils
- Vineyard Size:98 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):2000
- Fermentation:100% de-stemmed. Fermentation between 20-22ºC in stainless steel tanks. Malolactic fermentation in the same tank at 24ºC.
- Winemaker Name:Pablo Parra/Juan Antonio Ponce
- Producer Website:https://www.parrafamilyorganic.com/esp/
- Sustainable Practice:No