San Vito Toscana IGT - 2019
Aromatic and intricate, the San Vito comes from 100% Merlot grown at the foot of the inactive Amiata volcano. Sumptuous black-fruit aromas unravel into notes of tobacco, graphite, and oriental spices. It’s rich on the palate, with a silky body and well-integrated tannins that persist over a long finish. it is dense in color, full of a garnet red that releases sumptuous fruit aromas to the nose, among which blackberries, cassis and violets stand out. It continues unraveling in more complex notes of blond tobacco, graphite and a melange of oriental spices. The sip is impressive but rich in finesse, with a silky body and enriched by well-smoothed tannins that stretch in the tasting towards a persistent aromatic finish.
- Brand:M.L. Fioretti
- Commune/Village:Montenero d'Orcia
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:48 mg/l
- Climate:The Montenero vineyards grow in the Montecucco appellation, at the foot of the Amiata, an inactive volcano, which thanks to its nature grants a calcareous, marly and rich in skeleton soil. The growing season this year was exceptional, free from the extreme spikes in temperature that has come to define much of our climate in recent years. At the right times, the summer was warm but not too hot and mostly dry. Intermittent rains came at the right times and mold and disease pressure were low throughout the season and easy to manage.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:calcareous soils
- Vineyard Size:5 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1999.0
- Fermentation:Grapes are destemmed before a four-day cold maceration in a wood tank. Fermentation took ten days and the wine sat on the skins for two additional days.
- Elevage:I used only free run wine and filled four, new “cult rouge”, 225L barriques from the Bordeaux cooper, Baron. I also filled two 320 liter Tava amphorae, produced at very high kiln temperatures so as be non-porous. I moved the lees regularly for the first six months and after another seven months in barrel without racking, I then blended and put into stainless steel to prepare for a bottling in March 2021.
- Finning & Filtration:No
- Total Production:330.0
- Sustainable Certificates:M.L. Fioretti uses organic and sustainable farming practices.
- Sustainable Practice:Yes