Alalá - 2019
In 2013, two brothers, Rosa and Fran, their sister-in-law, Ruth, and their friend, Nacho, launched a wine company under the name Narupa vinos. The goal of Narupa Vinos is to create an Albario wine that does justice to the variety's potential and the unique character of its home region, the Rias Baixas in Galicia. This wine has developed notes of moss and wet river stones, balsamic, herbal, and more tertiary notes as it has aged in bottle. It boasts 13% alcohol and significant acidity, which gives it its lively character.
- Sub-Region:Val do Salnes
- Commune/Village:Vilanova de Arousa
Show More Less Information
- Climate:Because of its proximity to the Atlantic Ocean, Val do Salnes is the coolest. Yearly rainfall exceeds 1,700 millimeters (66 inches), as one would expect in one of Spain's wettest locations. The location is fairly foggy, with an average temperature of 63.4F from April to October.
- Harvest Technique:They describe their vineyard management as "rational" since they combine the use of ecological therapies (such as copper sulfate and sulfur) with biological treatments (such as Bacillus) and systemic products (only when necessary and always at the lowest possible dose). Mildew is an endemic disease in Rias Baixas, where it can cause significant infections in a matter of hours that are extremely difficult to control by ecological and biological means only after the disease has developed, which is why they do not position themselves or certify as organic/ecological producers.
- Soil:Sand, gravel and three times more chalk than the average
- Vineyard Size:0.3 ha, 30 meters altitude, 3 miles from the ocean
- Vine Age (year planted):1981.0
- Fermentation:Spontaneous with indigenous yeast in stainless steel tanks
- Elevage:10-11months in stainless steel, at least 18 months in the bottle before release.
- Winemaker Name:Rosa Pedrosa
- Finning & Filtration:Diatomaceous earth filtration and amicrobic filtration
- Scores:RP 93 2018
- Producer Website:https://narupavinos.com
- Sustainable Practice:Yes