Beaujolais Villages - 2022
This Beaujolais-villages cuvee is a combination of three modest properties in Lancié, totaling 0.7 hectares.
- Brand:Anthony Thévenet
Show More Less Information
- Climate:Gamay, a grape with great versatility, thrives in the region's semi-continental climate, which features long, hot summers and cold winters. The grape has the potential to produce wines as fine, elegant, and complex as many Burgundies, as well as wines of great force and structure with nuances more closely linked to their neighbors across Lyon in the Northern Rhône Valley.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:sandy and rocky granite soils
- Vineyard Size:0.7 ha
- Fermentation:Whole cluster vatting in concrete tank for a better oxygenation. Saturation with carbonic gas to avoid oxidation and foster yeasts activity. 10-25 days of carbonic fermentation. 24 hours later fermentation starts. No pumping. Everything is performed by gravity.
- Elevage:Aging for 6 months
- Winemaker Name:Anthony Thévenet
- Finning & Filtration:No
- Total Production:200 cases