Bianco Trinoro is a wine made of 100% Semillon from a tiny parcel of sand located in the highest reaches of the Trinoro estate. The plot sits at about 600 meters above sea level and covers 5,141 square meters. The vineyard was planted partially in 2001 and then completed in 2006, with vine stock from Bordeaux; here, as elsewhere on the estate, the vines are densely planted a meter apart in the Bordelais style. The wine is highly aromatic with ripe, fruity notes, balanced by a lovely freshness and acidity that points to great longevity. Although we’ve produced the wine on and off since 2008, the first vintage released was the 2017.
- Brand:Vini Franchetti
- Sub-Region:IGT Toscana
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:60 mg/l
- Climate:The short winter, which lasted just one January and ended with the copious snowfall in February, made us nervous reappearing during Spring and bringing in a cold draft of air from the east that paralyzed every crop. The plants of the plain had just begun their journey towards the 2021 harvest, at least 15 days earlier than usual due to the high temperatures in March, when the whole peninsula was overwhelmed by a current of cold air from 7th to 9th April. We use 4000 anti-frost candles in the vineyards, creating an unfortunately necessary evocative show. In the following months, the plants are hit by record hot temperatures and without any rain they try to source from the deepest layers of the root system.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:alluvial soils
- Vineyard Size:1 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):2002
- Fermentation:Spontaneus fermentation in stainless steel vats
- Elevage:Aging in cement tanks
- Winemaker Name:Franchetti Team: Lorenzo Fornaini and Calogero Portannese.
- Finning & Filtration:None
- Total Production:120 cases