Cremant d'Alsace Rose NV
Steinbach, a mythical place for pinot noir production, is nicknamed the Steinbacher Rôta, which means Red of Steinbach. Those vines have a limited yield and produce, indeed, fruity and compelling nectar. The church and the chapel of the village are dedicated to St Morand, the patron saint of winemakers since the 11th century. The legend says that one day Morand was greeting some guests while having an empty barrel. After making a cross sign, the barrel filled up itself without ever getting empty again! Clear; elegant salmon pink appearance with an abundant and dynamic bubbles. Fruity on the nose, especially red fruits such as cherry and black currants. The palate is refreshing and creamy with fruity aromas such as strawberries and lemon. A clean and long lasting finish.
- Brand:Domaine Joseph Cattin
- Varietal:Pinot Noir
- Color:Sparkling Rose
Show More Less Information
- Climate:The climate is continental with cold winters and warm, dry summers.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:clay soils
- Vineyard Size:52 ha
- Fermentation:Grapes are gently pressed into stainless steel tanks, thermo-regulated to ensure a low temperature fermentation (12°C-18°C) that will preserve the flavors / after the first fermentation, the wine is bottled and aged for at least 12 months before secondary fermentation.
- Elevage:4 months minimum in stainless steel & 12 months minimum in bottle
- Winemaker Name:Jacques Cattin Junior
- Scores:NV – 90 Wine Enthusiast
- Producer Website:https://www.cattin.fr/en/
- Sustainable Practice:Yes