Esprit 1er Cru - 2019
A vintage Brut Nature, Esprit is a structured and elegant Champagne. Built on Chardonnay, it’s got enticing chalk and mineral characteristics, while Pinot Meunier and Pinot Noir—a rarity in Montagne de Reims—deliver red-berry aromas, plus red fruit, pepper, and spice notes on the palate. A structured and elegant Champagne. Red berries on the nose, very pinot-like style, then Chardonnay chalk and minerality shows up. Mouth is peppery, smooth spices and ripe red fruits. It's recommended to not serve Solemme Champagne(s) too cold.
- Brand:Champagne Solemme
- Sub-Region:Montagne de Reims
- Varietal:50% Chardonnay, 30% Pinot Noir, 20% Pinot Meunier
Show More Less Information
- Harvest Technique:Olivier is deeply interested in microbiologie, or the study of soil life. Since 2006, he has been committed to biodynamic practices. Compost tisanes in the springtime, and no cutting back in the heat of summer. His most recent endeavor involves reintroducing worms that serve as a natural balance.
- Soil:Sand for pinot meunier, clay and limestone (Chardonnay)
- Vine Age (year planted):1980.0
- Fermentation:A minimum of 40 months on the lees without malolactic fermentation, using steel fermentation and yeasts selected by Fleury.
- Elevage:40 months on the lees, unfiltered, and finished with estate must.
- Winemaker Name:Olivier Langlais
- Finning & Filtration:No