La Milana - 2015
While Albet i Noya was established in 1978, its roots in organic craftsmanship date back to the turn of the twentieth century, when the family's expertise was already well established. Even though the phylloxera epidemic was at its height when their great-great-grandfather Joan Albet i Rovirosa arrived to work in the vineyards in Sant Pau d'Ordal, he stayed there. They are one of the few wineries left that labels their bottles with "Classic Penedès" rather than "Cava," a distinction that indicates the wine was made entirely from grapes cultivated, harvested, and vinified on the estate and matured for at least 15 months before distribution.
- Brand:Albet I Noya
- Sub-Region:Alt Penedes
- Commune/Village:Sant Pau d'Ordal
- Varietal:34% Caladoc, 33% Tempranillo, 33% Merlot
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:74 mg/l
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:calcareous soils
- Vineyard Size:80 ha
- Fermentation:Fermented for 8 days at 25ºC. Macerated for 18 days pumped over twice a day. Not clarified nor cold stabilised.
- Elevage:18 months in new French oak 225l barrels
- Finning & Filtration:No
- Producer Website:https://albetinoya.cat