Lagrein - 2021
The indigenous Lagrein variety yields Alto Adige’s most intense, powerful red wines. Characteried by its inky color and silken tannins, Ertse & Neue ages their Lagrein primarily in concrete which lets the fruit and herb qualities of this grape shine.
- Brand:Erste & Neue
- Region:Alto Adige
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:50 mg/l
- Climate:The winter months were mainly sunny but very cold. In spring the temperature was slow to rise, and that delayed the vegetative development of the vines. This was only partly compensated by the warm and sunny start to the summer, while the weather in July and August was very varied. The grape harvest accordingly began relatively late, on September 9. The wet September was an organizational problem for our wine growers, but ultimately a very good harvest was completed on October 26.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:loam soils
- Vine Age (year planted):0.0
- Fermentation:Grapes are fermented with their skins at a temperature of 28 degrees Celsius, with an extended maceration of ten days. Afterward, malolactic fermentation is allowed to complete.
- Elevage: 5-month ageing in concrete cask, large oak casks (75hl) and 15% in barrique.
- Winemaker Name:Alexandra Broiser
- Producer Website:https://www.kellereikaltern.com/
- Total Production:604 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:ERSTE + NEUE has held the FAIR’N GREEN international seal for sustainable viticulture since 2018. This certification expands beyone organic farming practices to include environmental protection, natural viticulture, the promotion of biodiversity and the protection of natural resources. In addition, all FAIR’N GREEN participating wineries commit to fair pay and corporate social responsibility initiatives.
- Sustainable Practice:Yes