Pinot Nero - 2022
Pinot Nero, or Pinot Noir as it is more commonly known, is one of Alto Adige’s secret weapons—and few producers capture its elegance and charm with the precision of Erste & Neue. This is consistently enchanting and vivacious, blending tart red fruit and spice in equal measure.
- Brand:Erste & Neue
- Region:Alto Adige
- Varietal:Pinot Nero
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:50 mg/l
- Climate:The winter months were mainly sunny but very cold. In spring the temperature was slow to rise, and that delayed the vegetative development of the vines. This was only partly compensated by the warm and sunny start to the summer, while the weather in July and August was very varied. The grape harvest accordingly began relatively late, on September 9. The wet September was an organizational problem for our wine growers, but ultimately a very good harvest was completed on October 26.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:loam soils
- Vineyard Size:18 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1997.0
- Fermentation:The wine undergoes fermenation on its skins at a controlled temperature of 23 degrees Celsius, with eight days of extended maceration. Afterward, malolactic fermentation and a five-month aging period occur in large wooden barrels.
- Elevage: 5-month ageing in big wooden barrels and large casks.
- Winemaker Name:Alexandra Broiser
- Producer Website:https://www.kellereikaltern.com/
- Total Production:602 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:ERSTE + NEUE has held the FAIR’N GREEN international seal for sustainable viticulture since 2018. This certification expands beyone organic farming practices to include environmental protection, natural viticulture, the promotion of biodiversity and the protection of natural resources. In addition, all FAIR’N GREEN participating wineries commit to fair pay and corporate social responsibility initiatives.
- Sustainable Practice:Yes