Pinot Noir Carneros 2022
Scribe Winery in Sonoma, California, makes lively, terroir-driven wines. Andrew and Adam Mariani, fourth-generation California farmers and brothers, oversee the winery, which was formed in 2007 on a site that pioneered pre-prohibition Sonoma Valley winemaking. Andrew and Adam think that the best wines are the product of a harmonious interaction between man and environment, and that a vineyard managed in accordance with the larger ecosystem produces more site-specific wines with a feeling of time and place. Non-interventionist vinification yields a distinct wine that authentically reflects what the vineyard organically expresses.
- Sub-Region:Sonoma County
- Varietal:Pinot Noir
Show More Less Information
- Climate:A dry winter with below-average rainfall and a cool start to spring kept the vines dormant late into March. The spring months stayed dry and cool, and there was temperate weather throughout the picking season.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:loam soils
- Fermentation:individual lots ferment spontaneously in open fermenters with varied degrees of whole clusters
- Winemaker Name:Gustavo Sotelo-Miller
- Finning & Filtration:None
- Producer Website:https://store.scribewinery.com/
- Sustainable Practice:Yes