Romi Orange Sauvignon Blanc 2022
Active in Chilean agriculture, grape growing and winemaking since 1740, the Echeverria family established their current vineyards and winery in 1923 in the outskirts of Molina, a town in the Curicó Valley. Here, they grow grapes from French pre-philloxera rootstocks, on their 80 ha of vineyards. Originally established to produce bulk wines, in 1990, the winery was converted to produce quality wines for export. In the following years, Echeverria was one of the few boutique wineries to emerge from Chile, and the first family winery from Chile to sell wine to Harrods in London. With a distinctive golden-amber color, this skin contact wine has honeyed aromas of rosehip and orange blossom. The palate its light bodied, with tangerine and orange flavors with a juicy texture.
- Brand:Vina Echeverria
- Region:Curico Valley
- Varietal:Sauvignon Blanc
Show More Less Information
- Climate:Mediterranean with a long, dry summer season and intense sunlight. Marked DTR (Diurnal Temperature Range, or difference between day and night temperatures), key for assisting the development of flavors. Annual rainfall is 600mm average during winter, mostly between June and August.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:loam soils
- Vineyard Size:80 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):Ungrafted selected clones of pre-phylloxera French rootstock.
- Fermentation:Destemmed and crushed. Maceration and fermentation in small open vats of 400 kilos.
- Elevage:Skin contact for 45 days.
- Winemaker Name:Roberto Echeverria jr.
- Finning & Filtration:No filtration, no stabilization.
- Producer Website:http://www.echewine.com/
- Sustainable Practice:Yes