Sauvignon Blanc - 2022
Cultivated in Alto Adige since the 1800s, Sauvignon Blanc thrives in the region’s cool yet sunny terraced vineyards. After four months of aging on its lees, this wine is released at its peak of freshness.
- Brand:Erste & Neue
- Region:Alto Adige
- Varietal:Sauvignon Blanc
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:50 mg/l
- Climate:The winter months were mainly sunny but very cold. In spring the temperature was slow to rise, and that delayed the vegetative development of the vines. This was only partly compensated by the warm and sunny start to the summer, while the weather in July and August was very varied. The grape harvest accordingly began relatively late, on September 9. The wet September was an organizational problem for our wine growers, but ultimately a very good harvest was completed on October 26.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:loam soils
- Vineyard Size:18 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):2000.0
- Fermentation:Late-harvest grapes are destemmed and undergo eight hours of cold maceration. Afterward, the grapes are pressed and undergo natural clarification. Fermentation occurs at a controlled 16 degrees Celsius, before a four-month aging period on the lees in stainless steel.
- Elevage:4-month ageing on the fine lees in stainless steel.
- Winemaker Name:Alexandra Broiser
- Producer Website:https://www.kellereikaltern.com/
- Total Production:605 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:ERSTE + NEUE has held the FAIR’N GREEN international seal for sustainable viticulture since 2018. This certification expands beyone organic farming practices to include environmental protection, natural viticulture, the promotion of biodiversity and the protection of natural resources. In addition, all FAIR’N GREEN participating wineries commit to fair pay and corporate social responsibility initiatives.
- Sustainable Practice:Yes