Suane Rosado Reserva - 2019
Light pink with onion skin notes. Red fruits (ripe strawberry), rose petals, herbal aromas, and dried fruits arise after breathing in the glass. It tastes fresh, fruity, and delicious in the mouth. It has a pleasant acidity and an excellent structure that dissolves in the mouth. Excellent contribution from the aging, which blends well with the citric aromas and flowery undertones. It is believed to improve with bottle ageing.
- Brand:Alonso & Pedrajo
- Sub-Region:Rioja Alta
- Varietal:50% Viura, 25% Sauvignon Blanc, 25% Grenache
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:Wine with minimum intervention, with a small amount of sulfur added towards the conclusion of the alcoholic fermentation and before bottling.
- Climate:Villlalba is characterized by a distinct change between the climates that make up its environment, primarily the continental climate but also with an important Atlantic influence and the Mediterranean weather through the entrance of the Ebro River at its north-western end, which separates the Sierra Cantabria from the Obarenes Mountains.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:calcareous soils
- Vineyard Size:0.2 ha
- Fermentation:The clusters are gently de-stemmed, fermented, and macerated for 10 days with their skins. Alcoholic fermentation occurs spontaneously with natural yeasts. Skins are gently pressed in a vertical press before being transferred to 228-liter French oak barrels. After 13 months of maturing and weekly lees stirring until racking, the wine refines and decants in a stainless steel tank with its own lees for 6 months to facilitate spontaneous clarity.
- Elevage:13 months in 100% French oak (20% two years, 60% three years, 20% four years). Following bottling, it should be kept in the bottle for at least 12 months before being released.
- Winemaker Name:Alberto Pedrajo Pérez
- Finning & Filtration:Yes
- Scores:RP 94
- Producer Website:https://alonsopedrajo.com
- Total Production:2555 bottles
- Sustainable Practice:Yes