Vino Rosso DOC Colline Lucchesi - 2017
Cultivated on hillsides overlooking the city of Lucca, the blend of Sangiovese, Syrah, and Merlot in this flagship wine absorb Tuscany’s classic Mediterranean climate before being crushed gently by foot and undergoing fermentation with native yeasts.The wine is then aged in a mere 2% new oak for a full year to create a balanced, full-bodied snapshot of its unique terroir.
- Brand:Tenuta di Valgiano
- Varietal:Red Italian Blend
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:55 mg/l
- Climate:on the hillside of Lucca, near Valgiano hamlet, 250 m above the sea level, mediterranean climate with good rainfall and bright Tuscan light, good refreshing wind during summer
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:sandstone soils
- Vineyard Size:11 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1994/2014
- Fermentation:Grapes are destemmed before being crushed by foot. Fermentation occurs spontaneously with indigenous yeasts. Malolactic fermentation occurs in oak barrels, of which two percent are new. Blending occurs after fermentation.
- Elevage:12 months in oak barrels 2% new, 8 months in cement before bottling
- Winemaker Name:Saverio Petrilli
- Finning & Filtration:No
- Producer Website:https://www.valgiano.it
- Total Production:800 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:Using bioydamic and organic practices in their vineyards, the wines are made without the use of any chemicals—including chemical fertilizers and pesticides. Instead, the team employs green beans for fertilization and relies on recyclable materials in the vineyards.
- Sustainable Practice:Yes