Bandol Rose - 2022
The sun-drenched slopes of Bandol and low-yielding vines produce a weighty, concentrated, and sublimely crisp rosé. Based on Mourvèdre, with splashes of Cinsault, Grenache, and Carignan, it features subtle citrus, stone fruit, flowers, and herbs on the nose. The palate shows an uncommon equilibrium of ripeness and elegant acidity. Its colour is limpid, brilliant and slightly salmon-coloured. Its nose develops fine aromas of candied citrus fruits and spices and its palate is fresh, balanced and supported by a beautiful aromatic persistence.
- Brand:Domaine La Suffrene
- Varietal:40% Mourvèdre, 30% Cinsault, 20% Grenache, 10% Carignan
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:98mg/L
- Climate:The climate in Bandol is nearly perfect for viticulture, especially for the mourvèdre grape. Bandol is the sunniest place in Provence, with various mountains blocking incoming clouds. Just enough rain falls normally for plants to be healthy. Winds keep vineyards fresh and healthy, so there is very little disease worry. In the summer, ocean breezes attenuate heat, allowing for slow, even ripening.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:silt soils
- Vineyard Size:28 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1940 - 1975
- Fermentation:They keep the juice from each pressing cycle separate and ferment it over two weeks to less than 2g/L of residual sugar. Then, they blend the lots in January.
- Elevage:6 months in tank / released in June
- Winemaker Name:Cedric Gravel
- Scores:Decanter World Wine Awards competition 2022: Silver medal 90 points.
- Producer Website:https://domaine-la-suffrene.com/
- Sustainable Certificates:Domaine la Suffrène is HVE3 Certified.