Inzolia DOC 'Tivitti' Menfi - 2022
Fresh and pleasant like the briny wind blowing from the Mediterranean, this Inzolia comes from young vineyards planted in Tenuta Belicello and is a charming white wine that offers pure Sicilian pleasure at every sip. Bright straw yellow with a greenish hue, the wine has a fresh and charming bouquet of pear, broom and almond blossoms that melt into lush and intense scents of white peach and fine herbs. On the palate, its juicy taste of white ripe fruit is well balanced by a pleasant acidity and an intense saline finish.
- Brand:Cantine Barbera
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:30 mg/l
- Climate:The microclimate in Tenuta Belicello offers ideal conditions for growing Inzolia vines: the property is located about half a mile from the ocean and its Eastern area is made of calcareous and very deep soils, with a good quantity of limestones and an excellent mineral presence that enhances the grapes’ aromatic complexity. Furthermore, the vineyard is protected from the Northern winds and opens to Southern and Western winds coming from the Mediterranean that blow away the surplus humidity, thus preventing mildew and other fungus diseases.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:alluvial soils
- Vineyard Size:4 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):2007.0
- Fermentation:I pay the utmost attention to a very fast and non invasive winemaking: the grapes are destemmed immediately after the harvest; after a few hours of pre-fermentative skin contact, the must is softly pressed and then decanted at a low temperature in stainless steel tanks. Fermentation is performed exclusively with a wild yeast pied-de-cuve prepared a few days before the harvest. The wine is refined on its fine lees for about 3/4 months and is then bottled without any fining additives that may alter its unique personality and expressive taste.
- Elevage: 6 months in bottle
- Winemaker Name:Marilena Barbera
- Finning & Filtration:No
- Total Production:1,000 cases
- Sustainable Practice:Yes