Bandol Rouge - 2020
This is a classic Bandol Rouge based on beautifully ripe, thick-skinned Mourvèdre that delivers blackberry and herb aromas with accents of vanilla, leather, and herbs. Bottled unfined and unfiltered, it retains its natural brightness, plus a rich, full-bodied palate, firm tannins, and a long finish. Ripe blackberry and herb aromas are followed by notes of vanilla, leather and wild herbs. The palate is full, with firm, juicy tannins and a long finish, full of ripe rich flavour.
- Brand:Domaine la Suffrene
- Varietal:55% Mouvedre, 20% Grenache, 15% Cinsault, 10% Carignan
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:42mg/L
- Climate:The climate in Bandol is nearly perfect for viticulture, especially for the mourvèdre grape. Bandol is the sunniest place in Provence, with various mountains blocking incoming clouds. Just enough rain falls normally for plants to be healthy. Winds keep vineyards fresh and healthy, so there is very little disease worry. In the summer, ocean breezes attenuate heat, allowing for slow, even ripening.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:silt soils
- Vineyard Size:10 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1940 - 1975
- Fermentation:Each variety is fermented separately in stainless steel tanks over 3–4 weeks.
- Elevage:15 months in 50HL old foudre and large, then 12 months in demi-muids, then racked to fourdre for 6 months and in bottle at least 6 months before release
- Winemaker Name:Cedric Gravel
- Producer Website:https://domaine-la-suffrene.com/
- Sustainable Certificates:Domaine la Suffrène is HVE3 Certified.