Colline Lucchesi DOC - 2021
Aged for a full year in a mix of barriques and concrete, this rosso uses Merlot and Syrah to soften Sangiovese’s harsh edges. The result is a concentrated and soft bottling that balances ripe red fruits with savory, earthy undertones.
- Brand:Palistorti di Valgiano
- Varietal:70% Sangiovese, 20% Merlot, 10% Syrah
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:40 mg/l
- Climate:on the hillside of Lucca, near Valgiano hamlet, 250 m above the sea level, mediterranean climate with good rainfall and bright Tuscan light, good refreshing wind during summer
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:calcareous soils
- Vineyard Size:9 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):2000/2014
- Fermentation:Grapes are destemmed before being crushed by foot. Fermentation occurs spontaneously with indigenous yeasts. Malolactic fermentation occurs in oak barrels, of which two percent are new. Blending occurs after fermentation.
- Elevage:12 months in oak barrels 2% new, 8 months in cement before bottling
- Winemaker Name:Saverio Petrilli
- Finning & Filtration:No
- Producer Website:https://www.valgiano.it
- Total Production:2000 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:Using bioydamic and organic practices in their vineyards, the wines are made without the use of any chemicals—including chemical fertilizers and pesticides. Instead, the team employs green beans for fertilization and relies on recyclable materials in the vineyards.
- Sustainable Practice:Yes